Those who have a subscription product with Hotmart can count on tools that can automate day-to-day processes, in addition to making their strategies smarter.
One of the solutions is the customization of charge attempts. Currently, Hotmart's payment system carries out up to 5 retries automatically on all subscriptions. You can now customize this process.
By using the tool that we’ll talk about here, you determine how many automatic retries the system will process after a card charge has been unsuccessful.
In addition, it is possible to configure it so that the subscriber's billing date becomes the date on which the payment is actually successful (through the retries).
Check out the steps on how to create the personalization of the charge retries:
1. Access your account on the platform through the link: https://app-vlc.hotmart.com/login
2. In the left side menu, choose Subscriptions.
3. Then, click on Tools.
4. Signature Tools will open. In it, you will find 3 tabs: Segmentations, Renewal Alerts and Charge Retries. Choose Charge Retries.
5. Click Personalize retry charges.
6. On the new screen, determine whether you allow charge retries for your subscribers.
Important: this solution is a powerful way to reduce the defaulting of your subscribers as the intelligent system identifies the best days and times for the processing to be carried out. If you do not want to make automatic retries, just disable Allow retry charges.
7. After that, you can enable the button Start charging on the day the retry attempt is successful if you want the subscriber's billing date to be the date on which the payment is successfully processed through one of the attempts. That is, the payment date for future renewals of your customers' subscriptions would be modified.
8. The next step on the same screen is to write a name only you will see. This way, you can easily identify which retries are already customized.
9. On the same screen, you can determine who will be impacted by this automation. You can choose between All your subscribers and Only the subscribers from one segment. Find out how to create a subscription product target.
10. Finally, you can customize the maximum number of times retries that can be processed and for how long. The number of times can range from 1 to 5. The number of days can range from 1 to 60.
- The number of times is not necessarily distributed proportionally to the defined number of days. For example, even if you set up 5 times in 5 days, this does not mean that it will be 1 time per day. This happens because the system identifies the best days and times for billing, so there may be 3 attempts in the same day.
- The retries will never pass the date of the next charge, regardless of the number of days you have configured. For example, in a monthly subscription, even if you have set a 60-day limit, retries will not be processed after the end of the 30-day billing cycle.
- Subscriptions will be automatically canceled after 5 consecutive unpaid recurrences.
11. To finish, just Save Retry on the lower right corner of the screen.
Questions? Contact our Customer Support.