This integration is useful when you sell your products through Hotmart but use Teachable to distribute your content. In this way, when a user purchases a product at Hotmart, they'll be enrolled in a course on Teachable and similarly, when they cancel a subscription, for example, they'll be unenrolled from the course.
The events considered for registration are:
- Purchase approved
- Subscription reactivation
- Plan change
The events considered for deregistration are:
- Subscription cancellation
- Purchase overdue
- Purchase refunded
- Plan change
The integration between Hotmart and Teachable is done in 3 steps:
1. Creating an API key
The integration with Teachable uses API keys, an automatic authenticating method between applications that allows your online accounts to communicate with each other, exchanging information triggered by an action.
Each school on Teachable has a unique API key.
Follow the steps below to create a key:
Access page Settings > API on your school's dashboard on Teachable. (Note that this page is only available to school owners).
Next, click on Create API Key.
In the pop-up window, enter the name your API key.
Click on Create.
Click on View key and copy the API key.
Another reference for creating the access key can be found on Teachable's website: https://docs.teachable.com/docs/quickstart-guide
2. Configuring the access key on Hotmart
Now that the API key has been created, we need to give the Hotmart app permission to connect with your Teachable school. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Access the following page: https://app-vlc.hotmart.com/tools/manage/integrations
- Look for the Teachable tool. You can filter by category Members Area
Name the integration
- Paste the API Keygenerated on Teachable in the specific field
- Click on Integrate now
3. Integrate a Hotmart product with a Teachable course
Now that we've configured the Hotmart app to access your Teachable school, we need to configure the integration. To do so, follow these steps:
- Access the following page: https://app-vlc.hotmart.com/tools/teachable
Click the button: Create new integration
- Select the product on Hotmart. Note: You can only configure one product at a time
- Click on Continue
- Select the integration, set up in Integrating a Hotmart product with a Teachable course
- Select the course. Note: You're only allowed to set up the course once.
Click on Create integration
After creating the integration, you can perform a test.
It is important to note that the student's enrollment and unenrollment in the Teachable course will be carried out in sequence. Thus, when you access the Teachable dashboard, you will not be able to see the student enrolled in the course. However, you'll be able to see them in the user list.
To do so, follow these steps:
In the list of settings, click on Run test
- In the modal, click on Run test
- If the configuration is ok, you'll see something similar to this:
If you have questions regarding this issue, we suggest you contact our customer support with the subject HOTMART and TEACHABLE INTEGRATION, so we can help you.