Verifying the domain of your page in Facebook's Business Manager is essential for the social network to recognize that the address you are using in campaigns is really yours
Before we start, take a look at some important information:
- The configuration doesn’t work with Klickpages subdomains (kpages.online or klickpages.com.br), as it’s not possible to verify these subdomains in our Domain Manager.
- For this configuration, you must have a custom domain and/or subdomain.
- Pay close attention to the step where you need to insert </> at the end of the code in order for it to be saved successfully.
Verifying your domain
To set up on Facebook the page made in Page Creator, it’s important that you verify your domain.
Currently, when creating a Pixel on the Facebook platform, you are asked to prove ownership of your domain.
Note: you need to have a Facebook Business account to proceed with the settings.
The domain verification is very simple, both on Facebook and on Page Creator. Just follow the steps:
- Access your Facebook Business account
- Click More Tools, then Business Settings.
- In the left side menu, go to Brand Safety
- Click Domains, then click Add
- Enter the chosen Domain and click on Add Domain
Then, Facebook will give you three options to verify the domain. We recommend using the Meta-tag Verification, because it’s simple and fast.
In this option, you need to insert a meta-tag in your page's scripts with your pure domain, such as, for example, lucypages.ga
This process can be carried out for any domain, either with the Page Creator pattern or your own domain.
This script must be inserted on your page with this exact URL for it to work correctly. The ideal page for this is your Homepage.
How to insert the meta tag on your page
If you still haven’t created your Homepage, click on this tutorial to see the step-by-step: How to create your Home page
If you want to use a page you already have as your Homepage, check out this guide on how to set it up: How to define my Homepage on Klickpages
To insert the meta tag on your page, just follow these steps:
- Log in to the platform through the link https://app-vlc.hotmart.com/login
- In the upper right corner, click on the dots icon next to your profile picture
- A tab with the following options will open:
- Page Creator
- Email marketing
- See all tools
- Click Page Creator
- If you already have a page, choose to Monitor your pages
- Choose the page and click Edit below the pencil icon
- Then click on Advanced Settings and then on Scripts
- Select the Head option and then the Add Script to Head option
- Enter a name to identify the meta tag and paste the code provided by Facebook. Make sure there are no spaces before or after the code.
- At the end of the code, enter </> and click Add
- After taking these steps, just click the Publish button at the top of the screen, and your page will be published with the code.
- Wait a few minutes and go back to Facebook to verify your domain.
- Click Verify
If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Support.