Social DRM (Digital Rights Management) is a set of technologies that are applied to inhibit the reproduction and/or unwanted sharing of digital files. At Hotmart, we offer the possibility to protect PDF and EPUB files. This protection can be applied to ebook product files and Hotmart Members Area files (Hotmart Club).
In the case of EPUB files, there is a watermark in the code of the internal files that makes up the ebook. We use the information of the user who is downloading the file, such as their full name and email. It is important to note that this watermark is not visible while reading the ebook. It’s only possible to see the code only when opening the internal files of the ebook with a text editor.
In the case of PDF files, there is a watermark on each page of the file, which is visible and can have the font size and color customized, as well as where it appears. Important: this watermark is only added to the file if the Producer checks the option Protect document with a password.
For PDF files, there are other options such as copy protection (which prevents the contents of the file from being copied and pasted elsewhere), print protection, and password protection of the document.
It’s important to note that we follow the settings defined in the ISO 32000-1 specification, but we cannot guarantee that copy and print protection will work with all PDF file readers.
Follow the steps below to set up protection for your content:
- Access your Hotmart account through the link: https://www.hotmart.com/login
- Click on the option Tools in the side menu
- Click on Protection for ebooks (Social DRM) )
- Select your desired product and click Continue
- On this page, choose to Enable DRM Protection and choose ePUB or PDF
- If you choose PDF, fill in the font size, color, and other settings that will appear for you.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page to save the settings.
If you have any further questions about this matter, please contact our Support with the subject eBook Protection. Our staff will be ready to help you out.